“If it means that I am viewed as one who looks openly and critically at every issue in front of me, rather than acting as a rubber stamp for my party or my president, I’m totally good with that.”
– Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), expressing the possibility she will vote for the impeachment of faux-President Donald Trump.
Additionally, Murkowski noted that she was disturbed by the support of U.S. Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell’s claim that he is already cooperating with the White House for Trump’s pending trial. She also believes the Democrat Party rushed the impeachment measures. However, as a moderate Republican who apparently isn’t intimidated by Trump, she could become a key figure in the President’s Senate trial.
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”
– Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), in response to the ‘Conservative Squad’.
The ‘Conservative Squad’ is a quartet of Republican congressional candidates – Michelle Fischbach of Minnesota; Nancy Mace of South Carolina; Jessica Taylor of Alabama; and Beth Van Duyne of Texas – who claim they are the answer to four Democratic women in Congress known as the ‘Squad’: Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna Pressley of Ohio.
“I’m absolutely confident that, for two years if every nation on Earth was run by women, you would see a significant improvement across the board on just about everything… living standards and outcomes.”
– President Barack Obama, speaking in Singapore
“A lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well. You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all. But you have to vote for me – you have no choice. You’re not gonna vote for Pocahontas, I can tell you that. You’re not gonna vote for the wealth tax. Yeah, let’s take 100% of your wealth away! Some of you don’t like me. Some of you I don’t like at all, actually. And you’re going to be my biggest supporters because you’re going to be out of business in about 15 minutes if they get it. So I don’t have to spend a lot of time on that.”
– Donald Trump, at the Israeli-American Council in Hollywood, Florida, on December 7, 2019
“What’s Giuliani doing? Wandering around like a lost relative in the attic.”
– Chris Matthews, “Hardball”, 12/09/19
“Don’t worry, Mr. President. I’ll see you at your trial.”
– Sen. Kamala Harris, responding to Donald Trump’s tweet wishing her well after ending her presidential bid and referencing the U.S. House’s impeachment investigation into Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.