“Don’t worry, Mr. President. I’ll see you at your trial.”
– Sen. Kamala Harris, responding to Donald Trump’s tweet wishing her well after ending her presidential bid and referencing the U.S. House’s impeachment investigation into Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.
“There’s no good that can come out of secrecy.”
– John Dean, former White House counsel to President Richard Nixon
Another week of the latest reality TV show to torture the masses, ‘The Harlequins of Washington’, has thankfully ended. The histrionic personality of Faux-President Donald Trump has yet to abate and find its happy place. Trump is the “Typhoid Mary” of the current political arena: infected, contagious, absurdly disgusting and in obvious denial. Where’s Louis Pasteur when you need him?! Or maybe Jeffrey Dahmer. Oh, Great Candelabra! I guess I shouldn’t be so brutally honest. But the unbridled scribe in me often takes over my brain faster than Germans at a beer festival.
Yet, every day of the week – including weekends and holidays
– the U.S. and the world are treated to regular puny-worded rants from the American
Putin. Trump is quicker to name-slur his
adversaries – “Crooked Hillary”, “Lying Ted”, “Little Marco” – than he is to
produce his tax records. Which, by the
way, have yet to be removed from whatever subterranean vault they’re being
housed in at Trump Tower.
The schizophrenic weather and temperature fluctuations that have traumatized Northeast Texas in recent months have left the Chief and many other locals swaddled in a morass of mucus, madness and melancholia. I dragged my carcass into visit my doctor this morning, hoping for a shot of some life-altering tonic: cortisone, Vitamin B12, hydrocodone, Don Julio tequila.
Afterwards, I realized our ‘Dear Clown Leader’ could use
much of the same; just inject a slew of medications into his fat ass – a process
that could last for days – in a concerted effort to nourish his pickling
cerebral cortex into some semblance of normality and subsequently (hopefully) save
Alas, dreams are always a good thing. Never give up on them! Now, I’ll steer my haggard self from national news broadcasts, partake of some Don Julio, and embed myself into another reality TV show; one with considerably more plausibility – “Ancient Aliens”.
“If the society today allows wrongs to go unchallenged, the impression is created that those wrongs have the approval of the majority.”
– Barbara Jordan
“I do not believe the United States should ask other countries to engage in selective, politically associated investigations or prosecutions against opponents of those in power, because such selective actions undermine the rule of law regardless of the country.”
– William Taylor, top U.S. diplomat to the Ukraine, testifying before the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday, November 13, as part of initial impeachment hearings against Faux-President Donald Trump
“Just read the Transcript. The Justice Department already ruled that the call was good. We don’t have freedom of the press!”
– Faux-President Donald Trump, regarding his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, the source of his current impeachment inquiry.
Here’s a much-needed refresher for Trump and other right-wing extremists. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees:
“You don’t believe in climate change. You are excused from this conversation.”
– California Governor Gavin Newsome, in response to Donald Trump’s criticism of the state’s wildfire management
Yes, indeed, such matters as climate
change and disaster response are intended only for adults – or at least
adult-minded individuals – to discuss.